Is winter over yet?
Is anyone else dreaming of being outside without it taking 10 minutes to put on hat, gloves, coat, scarf. . . I know I am! I'm fantasizing about shorts and tank tops kind of weather - oh! & flip flops. . . yeah. Soon. I'm already thinking about different landscape plans I have for the yard since it seems the dogs made it their primary goal to tear it up. . . the horrific winds and crazy rain and snow didn't help it much either. First step -get that patio poured!
Our snow has finally disappeared (wind and rain helped. . the sun was chicken and hasn't shown its face as much as it should) and we had flurries today. Thank goodness no snow stuck. Though I'm not sure how it could with the wind roaring the way it is. Brrrr. . . made that 38 degree seem MUCH colder. Even the squirrels are hunkered down to just a ball of fluff in the walnut tree. I bet he's dreaming of cracking walnuts by the warmth of the sun. . . . .
So how's your January holding up? Just a few more days and we'll call it February 2010. We've been 'holding our own' and staying warm and avoiding snow drifts. This month was the annual doctor, dentist, and optometrist appointments. . . . Javyn and I will go get our eyes checked here in just a few days. Good to get those things done and out of the way- paves the road a little smoother for the rest of the year by not having to worry about that 'bump' that's coming, I guess. Or something like that.
Healthy eating has become the Krenzel-Family mantra here in Chanute. I know, it's hard to believe. . . we've been focusing on veggies of all kinds. It's been kind of fun actually. Go pick out a vegetable or two or three and then decide what to go with it. 2010 is the year we get healthier, wealthier, and wiser. . . well, we'll shoot for one out of the three, anyway. . . .
Javyn & I have been doing more bowling. Javyn's on a Sunday youth-league and he recently subbed for a youth travel league (I went with him - was fun to be in a different 'house.') And now that he has his new Hammer bowling ball, and I've adopted his old Brunswick, we've been taking time to bowl a couple lines together every Sunday when he's done with league. I'm right back at my old average (don't want to even mention how many years it's been since I've really bowled) of 135 and Javyn's bumped his higher than before - and a little higher than mine. We're looking forward to tournament season and he's already signed up for a youth-adult one as well as a youth one in a neighboring city. But I'm not ready to commit to a league, I'm perfectly thrilled to bowl with Javyn every Sunday.
Pep band has also kept him busy with Chanute basketball games. This past weekend was Chanute's Ralph Miller Basketball Classic Tournament - that's three days in a gymnasium, folks. Too bad Chanute followed the 'loser's bracket' all the way down. But isn't that the way of it when you host a big event? Nonetheless, I think Javyn had a good time with his saxophone - not to mention his friends - at the game. Band contest is right around the corner - all practice, of any sort, is a good thing.
Jori's doing well at KU - we haven't heard too much but: "life is good." . . . work and class (and socializing. . . ) and work and class. She traveled to McPherson, KS to see a high school friend of hers perform in a play there at the college this past weekend. Very cool!
Troy? Well. . . talk has been focused on guns. . . scopes and ammo and targets and. . . . The reloaders in 'man-land' have been going full steam (are at least as full of steam as they're gonna get) with various 'club-members' making up ammo. A variety of calibers, to be sure. That's about all I really know about that. 'Man-land' rules - no girls allowed. ha!
He just returned from several days in Las Vegas attending the Shot Show with Steve (brother), who is now an FFL dealer and has just opened EV Shootables. GREAT gun shop! The show was much larger than anything a person could imagine AND it was raining heavily most of the time they were there.
From Las Vegas, Troy traveled to Albuquerque to spend a couple days with David (cousin) and Jeanne, and Sheri (sister) and Ken. I understand there was lots of great New Mexico food consumed and much visiting going on. I was sad to miss out on all of that. He also 'paused' in Kansas City the evening he flew back to spend some time with Braeden (nephew) and Melisa. . . he was pretty jet-lagged and 'family-ed' out by the time he got home Saturday night!
Incredible, but Troy & I celebrated our 21st Wedding Anniversary last week and he has a Birthday tomorrow. Not sure if it's safe to say his age;-) You'll just have to ask him. Unfortunately, Troy was gone last week - but he did have a beautiful bouquet of roses delivered, had mailed a card (that actually arrived on the right day), and came home with the most delectable chocolate syrup from an Albuquerque winery. He really covered all the bases, didn't he?
As far as a Birthday celebration - I don't know what we're going to do. I want to have a get-together this weekend, but he's a little less than enthused. We'll see. hehehehe - veggies and dip and low-cal beer. . . woo-hoo! HA!
I've been focusing more and more on letting my creative musings run my life (so to speak) and have kicked it up a notch as far as making and selling things through my etsy shop, ksyardbird, and working on a quilt and . . . and. . . and. . Yeah. I'm keeping up with work-work too. No worries.
Most exciting is the new blog (diary-like online writings) and Facebook (social networking site) page I've set up to complement my e-shop. All are called 'ksyardbird' and it's kind of fun to watch them grow and blend together. I focus on day to day things - basically what I'm doing around the house - cooking, cleaning, creating. Most important is the 'creating' aspect - which is a quilt right now. I set a goal for the day and post the progress. If nothing else, it's keeping me on task and will be a great diary about getting different things that I make, Check it out if you haven't already - 'ksyardbird' on Facebook, Etsy, and Blogger. A website to bring it all together is in the works. . . . .
Anxious to hear how you are, what you've been up, and if you're dreaming of spring. . .
Take care!
Seeing is Be-Leafing
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment